Suburbs Lytton Quarantine Station

72

Where

Fort Lytton National Park,160 South Street, Lytton

When

Architects

Various including Thomas Pye, Deputy Government Architect

Year Built

1913 to 1928. 1989 to 1999 changes made for use by Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service. (Dining Hall removed in 1980's and returned in 2002).

The Lytton Quarantine Station was established in1913-1914, to accommodate newly arrived immigrants and persons considered to be at risk of causing infection to the general population. 

View website

Tour tip

Wear enclosed, flat shoes

arrow_back Back to Buildings + Add to shortlist

On the map