Design: John Loughborough Pearson, commissioned in 1886. Documentation: Frank Pearson (son of John), 1898 to 1904. Construction of first stage: 1906 to 1911, supervised by Robin Dods. Construction of second stage: 1955 & 1964 to 1968, Conrad Gargett. Construction of the third and final stage: 1988-2000, Conrad Gargett. 2000-2009, Michael Kennedy.
This building was built in three stages 1901-10, 1957-68, 1989-2009
Gaze upon the towering stone ceilings and colourful stained-glass windows of this rare example of a Queensland Gothic Cathedral.