Volunteering for Brisbane Open House
Each year hundreds of volunteers help us make the Brisbane Open House weekend a fun and unique public event. If you would like to volunteer for the Brisbane Open House weekend, please check back to our website closer to the 2017 event. You will have the opportunity to choose your precinct, building, and shift time (however, please note that not every building in our program requires volunteers).
Volunteers are integral to the success of Brisbane Open House. Participating as a volunteer offers a range of benefits including:
- Sharing a passion for good design and architecture with a diverse audience.
- Meeting and interacting with a broad range of people.
- Being a part of one of the highlights in Brisbane’s event calendar.
- Helping to foster civic participation and pride.
- Attending the Volunteer Thank You party held at the conclusion of the Brisbane Open House weekend.
- A volunteer pack including; satchel, cap, guidebook and VIP access pass which provides front-of-queue entry to non-booked buildings.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Enjoy learning more about the event and buildings at the Brisbane Open House training sessions.
- Meet and greet visitors and answer visitor questions about buildings (locations, opening hours etc.).
- Manage queues and provide updates to patrons on estimated wait times.
- Most buildings will have a minimum of two volunteers, so you won't be left alone.
We hope you can join us in 2017!