Situated within the All Hallows’ Convent, Adderton: house & heart of mercy overlooks the Brisbane River, with expansive views of the Story Bridge. Adderton—renamed in 1863 as the Convent of Our Lady of Mercy, All Hallows’—has been at the heart of the Sisters of Mercy’s work in Brisbane since 1863.
Wilson Architects, the principal architects for the rejuvenation project, follow in the footsteps of our city’s built design forebears—from Messrs Petrie (who built and possibly designed Adderton) to Hunter and Corrie, George Addison and Hall and Prentice, who designed subsequent extensions to the Convent and Chapel as the Sisters of Mercy order grew in Brisbane.
The Convent site consists of the principal convent building which houses Adderton, the Chapel and various additions, all rich with history.
Through the rejuvenation project and the Adderton initiative, the All Hallows’ Convent opens its doors again. We look forward to welcoming people to Adderton for Brisbane Open House.
Frequency of Guided Tours: Saturday: 10:30am & 1:30pm Sunday: 10:30am & 1:30pm
Register at the building on arrival
Is Heritage listed