Holy Trinity Anglican Church is an unusual example in Brisbane of Romanesque and Spanish Mission Revival style architecture applied to an ecclesiastical building. It is adorned with many stained glass windows dating from the inter-war period forward and a number of historical artefacts. The Church holds many memorials to parish members past and present. The columbarium, completed in 1938, was the first of its kind in Queensland. Honour boards in the rear of the church name 225 men and women who served in the two world wars, most of whom hailed from the local neighbourhood. The freestanding bell tower, dedicated to those who died in WWII, was originally erected within a memorial garden on the church grounds. A cross from the Church in Japan honours Holy Trinity member John Duffill, one of the New Guinea Martyrs.
The pipe organ is a beautiful historic instrument, listed with the Organ Society of Qld. and recognised by the Organ Historical Trust of Australia.
As a result of the 2014 supercell hailstorm, Holy Trinity Church required nearly $1 million in repairs, including full restoration of the organ and new Cordova roof tiles from Spain. All upper-level leadlight windows on the southern side were replaced, but miraculously only one stained-glass window required repairs.
Frequency of Guided Tours: Guided tours available as guests arrive.
Register at the building on arrival
Musical performances, Refreshments available, The columbarium will also be open. Sunday service at 9am
Is Heritage listed