Brisbane Open House
215 Queen Street, Brisbane
Sunday : 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Pre-booked guided tours only

Originally founded in 1865 by a group of gentlemen who were prominent in both business and thoroughbred horse racing in Queensland, The Tattersall’s Club located at 215 Queen Street was first built in 1926.

Designed by Hall and Prentice, the architects responsible for Brisbane’s City Hall, the building’s design was based upon the designs of London’s original horse auction rooms, founded in 1776.

In 1935 Tattersall’s Club expanded to acquire the Queen Street Frontage which cemented the Club as a part of the Brisbane CBD footprint. Further expansions were made in 1997 to include a gymnasium, more dining and function rooms and a library.

Highlights of the Tattersall’s Club includes the expansive and traditional Members’ Bar, with a decadent ceiling reaching two stories high which remains unchanged from the original design. The Art Deco Members’ Dining Room filled with marble walls reaching to a two story high ceiling where Tattersall’s Club Members have dined exclusively since 1939.

Today, Tattersall’s Club provides extravagant spaces for dining, functions and events with a traditional charm in the heart of the CBD.

Tour Information

Frequency of Guided Tours: 8.30am, 9.45am, 11.00am, 12.15pm

Tour Tips

Register at the building on arrival, Great for kids

Dress Requirements

Smart casual, Enclosed shoes

Wheelchair access

Yes

Is Heritage listed

Yes

1925-26 with extensions in 1938-39, 1949 and 1997
Hall & Prentice (1926) / Hall and Phillips (1939)
Renovations and Extensions: Robin Gibson and Partners (1949) / Hutchinson Builders (1997)