Brisbane Open House
907 Boundary Road (Cnr Fulcrum Street), Wacol
Saturday // 9am to 4pm
Sunday // 9am to 4pm
General access and guided tours

Wacol’s Military Museum, once part of the Wacol Army Barracks, is run by the Papua New Guinea volunteer Rifles, and the ex-members Association Inc (NGVR/PNGVR).

After the barracks closed around 2000, 1.5 hectares of the site was set aside for the National Servicemen’s Association of Australia (Qld Branch) [NSAAQ] to establish a heritage precinct.

This heritage precinct contains five surviving buildings from the Army Barracks, including a former Chapel constructed in the 1950s. The NGVR/PNGVR successfully applied to use one of the buildings as a museum and the Military Museum was officially opened in February 2006.

The museum works to collect, catalogue and exhibit military records, artefacts and memorabilia, with much of the museum’s focus on the history of the NGVR and the PNGVR.

Tour Information

Saturday Guided Tours
Times: Rolling as required
Duration: 1 hour

Sunday Guided Tours
Times: Rolling as required
Duration: 1 hour

113

Wacol Military Museum

Favourite
Various buildings built in 1942 and 1943