The walking tour starts at The Rotunda, Upper Moora Park, going down to the Shorncliffe Pier. It takes in the historic Lovers Walk, where we talk through the history of this favourite seaside getaway. We continue to Cliff Street, and up to Eagle Terrace before the tour concludes with morning tea at Full Moon Hotel, with a brief talk on the history of the building.
- Sandgate Guided Tour with Pamela Verney (former President of the Sandgate Historical Society)
- Walk and information on: Rotunda Upper Moora Park, Shorncliffe Pier, Lovers Walk, Full Moon Hotel.
- Morning tea at the Full Moon Hotel
- Complimentary visit to the Sandgate Museum
THURSDAY 7th DECEMBER
TOUR STARTS @ 9:30AM
- Meeting point: Rotunda, Upper Moora Park, Shorncliffe
- Walking tour: 9:30am – 11.00am
- Morning tea @ The Full Moon Hotel 11:00am – 12.00pm
- Visit the Sandgate Museum 12:00 – 1:00pm
Max 20 participants. Strictly limited capacity.
Level of fitness & accessibility:
- Moderate: Walking distance approximately 1.5km of walking, with two hills.
- This walk is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please consider that there is also a walk from the Full Moon Hotel back to Upper Moora Park (1.3km) where you may have parked.
How to get there?
- Park at Upper Moora Park (65 Park Parade, Shorncliffe – car park)
- Park at Full Moon Hotel (118 Eagle Street, Sandgate – car park or street parking)
- Train: Catch the Shorncliffe line to Shorncliffe station and walk to Upper Moora Park – just like our predecessors did when visiting the seaside village of Sandgate to visit the sea)
- Bus: route 313 to stop Shorncliffe Parade near Swan Street
Have questions? Contact us please.
Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell.