Pathology Queensland (PQ) provides diagnostic pathology services to all Hospital and Health Services (HHS) across metro, regional and remote Queensland, offering laboratory services in the disciplines of: anatomical pathology, chemical pathology, haematology, immunology, microbiology and genomics. PQ provides statewide real-time diagnostic support in times of public health outbreaks such as the COVID-19 pandemic and other health related issues requiring diagnostic solutions, not just results.
- has laboratories located within 35 Queensland Health hospital facilities, providing 24/7 service every day of the year
- employs approximately 2000 staff including specialist pathologists, registrars, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, and operational and support staff, across Queensland
- supports more than 450 point-of-care testing devices, extending access to pathology results in remote locations and after hours with testing at the patient’s bedside
- is involved with 70 per cent of all medical decisions and in all cancer diagnoses
- is critical to the delivery of positive patient outcomes and plays a key role in delivering on Queensland Health’s commitment to achieve good health and well-being for all Queenslanders
- works alongside clinicians to better understand diseases, enable earlier diagnosis, inform treatment options and monitor disease progression
- provides specialised testing services for samples referred from public and private pathology providers within Queensland and from interstate.
PATHOLOGY QUEENSLAND GUIDED TOURS
Tour format will include, a brief presentation follow by a tour of Level 3 and 4.
This experience will include insights into work done within our Core, Haematology, Chemical Pathology, Point of Care, Serology, Immunology and Genomics Laboratories.
For participant safety their clothes is to be neat casual and closed in footwear with low heels.
Tour guides will be PQ staff with significant laboratory experience.
Please Note: PRE-BOOKED TICKETS BOOKED OUT
Frequency of Guided Tours: Hourly
Not suitable for children, Age restrictions: 10 years of age and over, supervised at all times
Smart casual, Enclosed shoes, No heels